I have never heard of the Liebster award until I received a nomination from Annabelle of the Piri Piri Lexicon. Thank you so much!
THE RULES (according to Annabelle):
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
Pass the award on to 11 other blogs, making sure you tell them you nominated them and
Ask them 11 questions.
You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
Make sure the blogs you chose have 200 or FEWER followers
So, here it goes:
11 random facts about myself:
1) I like sleeping. A LOT!
2) I am a lousy housewife but a great cook
3) I am a book addict. I read everything and anything that falls into my hands.
4) I don’t have any pets. Instead, I have a brother.
5) I am a messy person who doesn’t like making plans. But I sometimes surprise myself by being extremely organised when I have to be
6) I used to do yoga as a teenager. It did wonders for my body and soul! I should start again...
7) No matter how cold the water, I will always go for a swim if I get the chance
8) I hate noise! Unfortunately, this includes my children crying and screaming
9) There’s no such thing as too much tea. I am always in need of a bigger tea mug! However, I don’t drink coffee.
10) I am the uncraftiest person alive. My hands rebel when I tell them to do stuff, and whatever I do never looks the way I would like it to look. However, I keep trying.
11) My favourite activity is called “olging around”- it includes a couch, a book and a huge mug of tea.
Here are my answers to Anabelle's questions:
What makes you happy?
Many things: my children (and sometimes the lack of them), books, tea, chocolate, good food, sunshine. The list goes on and on…
Do you like your first name?
Yes, but it wasn’t always like that. In fact, I used to hate my name, I thought it was lame! Now I love my name!
What language do you wish you knew? Why?
Hindi, and other languages spoken in India, so I could watch all these gorgeous Bollywood movies without subtitles and sing along!
What is your favourite food?
I don’t have my favourite food. Let me rephrase- I have my favourite food of the moment (not applicable right now since I’m pregnant and would have to say things like rocket salad and raspberries)
Lift or elevator? I haven’t really thought about it but I think I used it interchangeably.
What is your favourite travel memory?
My solo trip to Ireland. It was scary, and awesome, all at the same time!
Why did you start blogging? Because of a witch in a black dress who accused me of child abuse. I then decided I needed a place to vent my frustrations!
Early bird or night owl? In fact, neither. I am a combination of the two. What I mean is I like going to bed early and getting up late. I need tons of sleep.
Are you good at handcrafting?
OMG, no. I am the world’s worst handcrafter. See random fact no. 10.
Who is your role model?
I have never thought about it, but I think I’m going to say my mom. She is the cleverest woman alive who loves what she is doing and is absolutely fantastic at it. She also tends to have awesome children J
What is your opinion on singing karaoke?
I think I may have done it once or twice. Probably I wouldn’t do it again, but if people like it, more power to them!
Blogs I’d like to nominate
1) Expat Since Birth- because of Ute’s fascinating stories!
2) Nomad Mom diary- Because it’s the most hilarious thing U have read in a while
3) Bilingual Monkeys- because it’s all you need in a multilingual blog: informative, funny and inspiring
4) On Raising Bilingual Children- Full of information and knowledge. My go-to resource on bilingualism!
5) Journal of a bilingual family- by author of “Be Bilingual” Annika Bourgogne
6) Bilingual Babes- Tallulah has written such a great guest post for me, I want to say “thank you!”
7) Bilingual Znaczy Dwujęzyczny- Finally, somebody who’s blogging about it in Polish! Great job, Aneta!
8) Mama w bojówkach- a mommy blog by a friend of mine who writes about her little bright boy. Cute, but you have to be able to read Polish.
9) Burro et Salvia- This blog makes me drool! It has so many beautiful recipes that I’m dying to try out. Combined with the stunning photos, Roberta’s blog is always an inspiration when it comes to delicious, and child-friendly recipes.
10) Aesthetica Fauna- because of the chocolate chip cookies. Need I say more?
Ok, these are only 10 blogs, but all the other blogs I want to nominate have a much bigger following than 200! And I'm happy for them!
Now, the questions:
1) Do you enjoy blogging?
2) What do you do to relax?
3) Do you have a parenting philosophy? How would you describe it?
4) Finish this sentence: when my children drive me crazy, I…
5) If you could live wherever you wanted to, where would you live?
6) Do you enjoy doing housework?
7) What do you wish you had more of?
8) What is your favourite book and why?
9) Can you cook?
10) What’s your favourite part of the day?
11) Do you watch TV series? If so, which ones?